🤓 Based on our data, we think this question is relevant for Professor Darnton's class at GT.
The net electric flux through a closed surface is
1. zero if only positive charges are enclosed by the surface.
2. zero if only negative charges are enclosed by the surface.
3. infinite only if the net charge enclosed by the surface if zero.
4. zero if the net charge enclosed by the surface is zero.
5. infinite only if there are no charges enclosed by the surface.
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Gauss' Law concept. You can view video lessons to learn Gauss' Law. Or if you need more Gauss' Law practice, you can also practice Gauss' Law practice problems.
How long does this problem take to solve?
Our expert Physics tutor, Juan took 1 minute and 32 seconds to solve this problem. You can follow their steps in the video explanation above.
What professor is this problem relevant for?
Based on our data, we think this problem is relevant for Professor Darnton's class at GT.