• Alpha particle = 42He or 24α
1. Give the nuclear symbol, including superscript and subscript, for each of the following.
• Alpha particle
• Beta particle
• Gamma ray
2. Which type of radiation has a negative charge?
3. Which type of radiation is pure energy?
4. Which type of radiation has the most massive particles?
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Nuclear Physics concept. You can view video lessons to learn Nuclear Physics. Or if you need more Nuclear Physics practice, you can also practice Nuclear Physics practice problems.