🤓 Based on our data, we think this question is relevant for Professor Yuan's class at UCF.
Grignard reagents undergo a general and very useful reaction with ketones. The product of the above reaction has the following spectroscopic properties: propose a structure.
• MS: M+ = 114
• IR: 3450 cm-1
• 1H NNR: 0.90 δ (3H, triplet): 1.44 δ (2H, quartet): 1.56 δ (4H, triplet): 175 δ (4H, triplet): 3.65 δ (1H, singlet)
• 13C NMR: 8.0, 24.2, 31.8, 40.1, 88.7 δ
• You do not have to consider stereochemistry.
• You do not have to explicitly draw H atoms.
• In cases where there is more than one answer, just draw one.
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Grignard Reaction concept. You can view video lessons to learn Grignard Reaction. Or if you need more Grignard Reaction practice, you can also practice Grignard Reaction practice problems.
What professor is this problem relevant for?
Based on our data, we think this problem is relevant for Professor Yuan's class at UCF.