🤓 Based on our data, we think this question is relevant for Professor Davis' class at UCF.
The best answer is choice 5, since density relates to the compactness of a substance, the more compact
Water vapor is less dense than ice because
1) molecules in the gas phase are in constant motion.
2) molecules in the gas phase have more potential energy than in solids.
3) molecules in the gas phase have more kinetic energy than in solids.
4) gaseous molecules have less mass.
5) molecules in the gas phase have more space between them than in solids.
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Physical Properties concept. You can view video lessons to learn Physical Properties. Or if you need more Physical Properties practice, you can also practice Physical Properties practice problems.
What professor is this problem relevant for?
Based on our data, we think this problem is relevant for Professor Davis' class at UCF.