🤓 Based on our data, we think this question is relevant for Professor Gold's class at UTSA.
Water vapor is less dense than ice because
1) molecules in the gas phase are in constant motion.
2) molecules in the gas phase have more potential energy than in solids.
3) molecules in the gas phase have more kinetic energy than in solids.
4) gaseous molecules have less mass.
5) molecules in the gas phase have more space between them than in solids.
The best answer is choice 5, since density relates to the compactness of a substance, the more compact